Cook, Learn, Undertake and EAT (also known as the C.L.U.E. Society) is a similar to the board game of CLUE. It involves secrecy, fun, challenge and cooperation with the other game playing members. But don’t be alarmed, there are no murders in our society.
Here’s how it works:
Each month our members receive the name of a food blog and a theme. We lurk and hunt through our assigned blog to find a recipe that we adore and that fits the month’s theme. For February’s posting for CLUE, we were tasked to find something red (think Valentine’s Day, Heart Healthy or Red Carpet).
I would also be inspired by Miss Scarlett from the game of Clue. I would look for something that would match her cool demeanor. It might need to be something sparkly to match her wardrobe. Red was a given.
With all these thoughts whirling through my head, I set off to explore Lawyer Loves Lunch, my assigned blog for February.
LLL (as I will refer to the author of Lawyer Loves Lunch) is a practicing attorney who turned to food and blogging as an escape and to “maintain some semblance of sanity” in her hectic and chaotic life.
I looked through the desserts LLL had posted first and found some deliciousness. (Check out Mini Cheesecakes for what Ails Ya.) Then I saw directions on making your own yogurt and ultimately yogurt pops with berries.
But, then I found it! And, it had Miss Scarlett plus February’s theme written all over it. Not only was it red, it was also cool, sparkly, and delicious. (And, apparently I am on a pomegranate kick because last month’s C.L.U.E. post featured pomegranates as a garnish.)
16 oz. pomegranate juice (Like POM Wonderful)
4 t. fresh lime juice (about half a large lime)
Touch of honey
Mix ingredients and place in ice cream maker and freeze as directed.
Or, use LLL’s directions:
Mix all ingredients in freezer-safe bowl. Freeze for one hour. Take the bowl out and stir. Freeze for another hour, take the bowl out, and stir. Continue this process until mixture is frozen thoroughly and you have delicious POM flavored ice crystals. Spoon into a serving dish. Find a quiet corner and enjoy your treat before someone finds you and insists you share.
We haven’t made any ice cream or sorbet or sherbet in forever. I really think the last time we utilized any of our ice cream makers was the Fourth of July. Wow. Seriously?
Thanks to LLL and CLUE, we enjoyed a cool and tart treat (kind of like Miss Scarlett) and we started anticipating warmer weather when we enjoy the frozen stuff often!
(For all my CLUE posts, click here.)
- tba by Lisa from Authentic Suburban Gourmet
- Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Bark by Ramona from Curry and Comfort
- Love Potion #9 w/ Raspberry Chambord Ice Cubes by Christy from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Raspberry-Strawberry Puff Pancake by Alice from A Mama, Baby and Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Garlicky Roasted Tomatoes by Azmina from Lawyer Loves Lunch
- Madam Wong’s Pizza Rolls by Kelli from Kelli’s Kitchen
- Roasted Asparagus by Kim from Liv Life
- Red-Hot Currant-Glazed Pork Chops by Stacy from Food Lust People Love
- Banana Cranberry White Chocolate Muffins by Aly from Cooking in Stilettos
- Red Velvet Cupcakes by Lea Ann from Cooking on the Ranch
- tba by Anna from Anna Dishes
- Tomato Herb Compound Butter by Wendy from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cherry Almond Coconut Bars by Jean from Lemons and Anchovies
- Strawberry Chia Jam w/ Chia Seed Pancakes by Heather from girlichef
- Raspberry Amaretto Bundt Cake by Liz from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Negroni by Kate from Kate’s Kitchen
- Strawberry Vanilla Scones by Christiane from Taking on Magazines
- Pomegranate-Lime Granita by Debra from Eliot’s Eats
- Buffalo Roasted Chickpeas by Janet from Cupcakes to Caviar