Welcome to the December round for C.L.U.E.
Our theme for this month is CELEBRATE!
You can just imagine my delight when my assignment was Liz at That Skinny Chick Can Bake. Every single one of Liz’s recipes epitomizes a celebration. They are all festive, delicious and beautifully photographed. This was the perfect assignment for December.
Just for fun, I typed celebrate into Liz’s search feature. After flipping through over ten pages of celebratory worthy recipes and exquisite dishes, my eyes caught a glimpse of this recipe on the side bar:
Homemade Baileys Irish Cream
The search was over.
Handcrafted Baileys Irish Cream
from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
1 c. half and half or heavy cream
1 (14 oz. can) sweetened condensed milk
1 ⅔ c. Irish whiskey (Jameson’s recommended)
1 t. instant coffee (I used Starbuck’s Via.)
2 T. chocolate syrup**
1 teaspoon vanilla
Dash of cinnamon*
Pour all ingredients in blender and mix on high for about 30 seconds. Pour into sealable containers and store in refrigerator up to 2 months. Shake before using.
Yield: about 4 cups
*I love to add a dash of cinnamon to my coffee so I added a dash to also continue a holiday theme.
**Whoops! I was in a hurry to whip this up last weekend because I knew I was going to have a super busy week. I did a taste testing with The Hubs pitting the handcrafted Baileys against the original. We sipped the homemade version and were delighted. Then The Hubs asked why the original was a darker hue. I had forgotten to add the chocolate syrup. We decided we liked it better without so perhaps a new libation has been discovered! With or without the chocolate syrup, this stuff is delicious and would make great gifts.
Please have a wonderful holiday with you and yours.
Check out all the other Blogger C.L.U.E celebratory recipes this month:
- A Savory Cheesecake by Wendy from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Almond Shortbread Cookies by Lisa from Authentic Suburban Gourmet
- Black Forest Trifle by Rebekah from Making Miracles
- Blueberry Lemon Bars by Anna from annaDishes
- Bourbon Apricot Meatballs by Christiane from Taking on Magazines
- Cheesy Garlic Blooming Loaf by Christy from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Cookie Dough Cheese Ball by Liz from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Handcrafted Baileys Irish Cream by Debra from Eliot’s Eats
- Henri’s Tastee Dressing by Kate from Kate’s Kitchen
- Homemade Onion Rosemary Bread by Kim from Liv Life
- Italian Anisette Cookies by Sue from A Palatable Pastime
- Party Meatballs by Azmina from Lawyer Loves Lunch
- San Permis Sparkling Cocktail by Stacy from Food Lust People Love
- Tartiflette by Kate from Kate’s Kitchen
- The Randy Reindeer by Kathy from A Spoonful of Thyme
- White Chocolate Chip Cookie Soufflés by Lauren from Sew You Think You Can Cook
C.L.U.E. is a group of like-minded food bloggers. Each month we are assigned a member’s blog, look in depth into our assignment’s recipes and dishes, and create food around a central theme. Please check out what the other members have created for December. (Be sure to check back on the second Wednesday in January when the theme will be healthy eating.)