For the past five years, I have tried to have some sort of holiday theme during the month of December.
I had not been blogging very long in 2010, but I gave it my best shot with Twelve Days of Christmas Treats. Catchy, right?
In 2011, it was Gifts from the Kitchen, where I posted lots of cookie ideas along with granola, Vino Cotta, and some muffin recipes (over fourteen posts in all).
December 2012 was a hodgepodge of posts with an emphasis on more crafts and non-food items (but there were still cookies.)
2014 found me still posting holiday cookies and also featuring DIY potent potables.
This year, I didn’t plan much. I had drafted out posts for more spice mixes, cookies, and other festive fare. Alas, things just didn’t pan out. December 1st came way too quickly.
If you are still searching for quick gifts or foodie holiday items, then please revisit the Spirit of Christmases Past.
2010: Twelve Days of Christmas Treats
Please don’t judge these early posts.
- Peppermint Chocolate Holiday Cookies
- Orange Slice Cake
- Mulled Cider Oatmeal Cookies with Cranberries
- Pumpkin-Pecan Spice Cookies
- Raspberry-Chili Sandwich Cookies with Ginger
- Feliz Navidad Chocolate Cookies
- Espresso Biscotti
- Chocolate Covered Peanut Clusters
- Spiced Nuts
- Christmas Fudge
- Christmas Mix
- Mom’s Microwave Peanut Brittle
2011: Gifts from the Kitchen
- Butterscotch Drops
- Vino Cotto
- Guinness Gingerbread
- Healthy Holiday Spice Cookie
- Pumpkin Granola
- Wine Fruit and Nut Squares
- Healthy Muffins
- Bakery Style Blueberry Muffins
- Double Choco-Banana Muffins
- Trail Mix Cookies
- White Queso
- Homemade Cheese Crackers
- Ginger Snaps
2012: Christmas Olio
- Cheese Ball Kits
- Advent Calendar
- Christmas in a Can
- Pepper Jelly Jewel Thumbprint Cookies
- White Chili
- Family Cookbooks
- Bird Feeders and Suet
- Sock Monkeys for Adults (Not X-Rated)
- Cranberry Ginger Whole Wheat Bread
2013: The Theme-less Season
- Jalapeno Relish
- Felted Dryer Balls
- The Gift of Jam and Cake
- Garden Markers
- Caveman Fudge
- Maldivian Body Scrub
- Gingerbread Granola
- Gifts for Foodies
- Family Wassail
- “Cooky” Mix
- Carrot Cake Holiday Cookies
- Vintage Dip
- Ginger Butter Tea Cookies
- Mulling Spices
- Spice Rubs in a Cool Gift Box
- Doo-Doo Rags
- Dulce de Leche White Chocolate Cookies
2013 was without a theme but December was prolific with postings.
2014: Another Hodgepodge of Gifts
- Twelve Days of Cookies
- Retro Gift Bags
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Mix
- Chocolate Bourbon Kahlua
- Reindeer Barbershop Sextet
- Christmas Fudge
If you’re still reading, I hope you were inspired by at least one holiday post from one of my blogging years.
Note: All of the images here are from vintage post cards from my grandfather’s collection when he was young. I would say most of them are circa the 1910s.